This morning I woke up to find out that I have been nominated by another fellow blogger, Mary Faith for the Liebster Award. This is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is such a great way to build friendships and community with other bloggers, and I am honored to be have been chosen to be a part of this!
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
You can choose to either accept or decline. Accepting means writing a post, which you don’t have to do, but it helps to continue spreading the love!
- Write a list of 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to keep the award going, and give them 11 questions to answer.
11 facts about me:
- I played tennis for 13 years, and taught for 2 of those years
- I am 18 years old, and have lived in Florida for my whole life
- I have been out of the country twice and absolutely fell in love with the places I traveled ( Spain and Jamaica)
- I am going to college to become a teacher…kids are my life and I love teaching them new things, and learning from them.
- I love to read and write, and my goal is to write a book one day about the struggles I have seen in my life and how I overcame them.
- I go to school in Fort Myers at Florida Gulf Coast University and love it
- I love smoothies and my mom likes to make fun of me when I put spinach in them
- I used to be right-handed but after an accident I re-taught myself to be left-handed.
- I love coffee and enjoy all the cute coffee shops in Tampa where I live.
- I love Grey’s Anatomy and watch it all the time. Pretty much my whole family is made up of doctors so I just find the show super cool.
- Spending time with my friends and family is really important to me, because I was taught early on in my life that it is short, and every minute counts.
Here are the answers to the questions given to me:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging, is being able to get certain things off my chest, but also being able to inspire other people through the words I write. Life does not always come easily but I love being able to write, and get encouragement from friends, family, and other bloggers.
- Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook? My blog instagram is taylorkateblog and my personal is taylorkmarkee. My Facebook is Taylor Markee
- If you could go back and change one thing about your life, such as a decision you made, would you? And what would it be? Definitely. This is more on the personal side but it’s my most honest answer. I would go back to the day my dad passed away and do something to get him to the doctor sooner, so that he could still be with me today.
- What is another culture that you would like to know more about? I want to learn more about the Jamaican culture, I spent a week there on a mission trip a few years ago, and loved the people there. I hope to go back some day.
- What charitable causes are you passionate about? I am most passionate about the Wounded Warrior Project, because my dad worked for the VA and operated on wounded veterans to save their lives.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? My favorite holiday is Christmas, that time of year is hard for me, but I love being able to spend Christmas with my family, and build my relationship with Jesus.
- Which one of Jesus’ characteristics (compassion, humility, etc.) means the most to you or has influenced you the most and why? Grace is one of Jesus’ characteristics that means the most to me because with all of the times that I have strayed away from God, or done something I should not have, He loves me anyway.
- What is the greatest gift God has given you? The greatest gift God has given me is being able to understand people in times of need. He gave me this gift when I lost my dad, but it’s really important to me. I think that being able to understand other people, and give advice to others is one of the ways that I am supposed to serve in this world.
- What is your favorite fairytale? My favorite fairy tale is Cinderella
- How do you feel about vegetables? I love veggies haha I eat them pretty much with every meal.
- Who are some of your heroes and why? I would have to say that my friend Olivia has served as a hero in my life this year. I just met her during my freshman year of college, but her friendship has helped me to grow in my relationship with God, and she has been really supportive when I have needed an extra hand or friend to talk to. She always helps me to see the positive things in life, even when I feel like there are none at the given moment. She has inspired me to not give up when life gets tough. Another hero in my life is the doctor that saved me when I was two years old. When I was two I had an accident and almost didn’t make it, but this doctor worked hard to save my life, and I am thankful today to be able to live my life normally with not many lasting injuries from the accident. If I did not have that doctor then I might not be here today to write this post. Last but not least, another hero in my life is my dad. He taught me how to be strong, and showed me how to live a good life, by continually helping other people. I will forever strive to help others, and find my strength because of what I learned from my dad and best friend.
I nominate the following bloggers for this award.
- Airriaunte // https://coffeewithtaeblog.wordpress.com
- Hannah // https://simplyhisdaughter.com
- Abbey // www.abbeymellis.com
- Kristen // kristenshane.com
- Sydney //anchoredinthesouth.com/
- Andrea // www.hustleandhearts.com
- Elizabeth // withsunshineandgrace.wordpress.com
- Hannah //www.honestlyhannahblog.com
- Keelah // https://www.wholeheartedlymessy.com
- Katie //https://katiesartz.com
- Ashley // http://www.dearash.com
Questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Where are you from?
- What is your favorite book to read?
- Whats your favorite food?
- Where do you attend school, and what is your major?
- Have you ever been out of the country, if so where?
- Do you have any pets?
- Who is someone you look up to?
- What type of music do you like?
- If you could pick one place in the world to go, where would you go?
- How has blogging impacted your life?
Thank you again Mary Faith for nominating me for this award, and I hope everyone will check out the blogs I have nominated above.
Have a great weekend!